CSC’s vocational scholarship is funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Awarding of these funds is based on availability. The maximum for the award this year is $2500. Scholarship money can be used for tuition and fees, books, and supplies.
Interested applicants must complete the following steps:
- Submit the linked Scholarship Interest Questionnaire. The Questionnaire contains instructions on how and where to submit it. Be sure to follow the instructions.
- Based on information provided in the Questionnaire, CSC will provide the applicant with the WIOA Scholarship Application or will notify the applicant that s/he appears to be ineligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligibility is based on many factors, including:
- Training provider must be on Oregon's ETP list
- Applicant must qualify based on income guidelines OR as a dislocated worker
- The WIOA Scholarship Application required attachments include the following:
- iMatchSkills printout, “My Summary”
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Occupational Information Center (www.qualityinfo.org) report or O*NET (www.onetonline.org) report for your targeted occupation showing that the employment outlook is reasonable or better
- Verification of acceptance into the school/training program
Every scholarship applicant will receive either an award letter or a denial letter. All decisions are final.
Click here for more information on the scholarship review process.