CSC’s vocational scholarship is funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Awarding of these funds is based on availability. The maximum for the award this year is $3000. Scholarship money can be used for tuition and fees, books, and supplies.
Interested applicants must complete the following steps:
- Submit the linked Scholarship Interest Questionnaire. The Questionnaire contains instructions on how and where to submit it. Be sure to follow the instructions.
- Based on information provided in the Questionnaire, CSC will provide the applicant with the WIOA Scholarship Application or will notify the applicant that they appear to be ineligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligibility is based on many factors, including:
- Training program must be on Oregon's ETP list
- Applicant must qualify based on income guidelines OR as a dislocated worker
The WIOA Scholarship Application required attachments include the following:
- iMatchSkills printout, “My Summary” Be sure it is complete and up-to-date.
- National Career Readiness Certificate. Register for this exam through WorkSource
- Occupational Information Center (www.qualityinfo.org) report or O*NET (www.onetonline.org) report for your targeted occupation showing that the employment outlook is reasonable or better
- Verification of acceptance into the school/training program
Every scholarship applicant will receive either an award letter or a denial letter. All decisions are final.
Click here for more information on the scholarship review process.