1. Linn Benton Food Share provides food to 74 member agencies in Linn and Benton counties.
2. Food Share solicits, transports, stores, and distributes more than 5 million pounds of food yearly to keep our member agencies stocked.
3. For every $1 donated, LBFS can distribute up to 15 lbs of food.
4. Emergency food pantries distributed 49,000 food boxes in Linn and Benton Counties last year.
5. Soup kitchens and shelters served 290,000 meals.
6. Thirty-seven percent of all those receiving food are children.
7. Oregon has the nation’s highest rate of child food insecurity - 29%.
8. Food Share relies on terrific volunteers to hold food drives and fundraisers, and to repackage food at our warehouse.
9. Food Share is a member of the Oregon Food Bank Network, which works to ensure that people in need across the State of Oregon will not go hungry.
10. People in need are eating because people like you care!